Monday, November 28, 2011

See What You Can Become

"A good coach will make his players see what they can become, rather than what they are." Ara Parashegian

How many people go through life and never have someone help them see what they can become? The essence of good coaching is all about assisting people in increasing what they see as possible. Doesn't it seem that the greatest level of service we can provide is to increase someone's awareness that there is something they can become or something they can do or have if they will just look above the circumstances of today.
I realize that who I am today, is not who I am going to remain. Today, I am the some total of all my past decisions. If I choose to have better results in the future it starts with better choices today. And who I aspire to become starts with surrounding myself with people who help me see who I can become.
Someone who is very special to me gave me a card one time that said, 'Not only do I love you for who you are, but more importantly I love you for who you challeng yourself to become!' Thanks, AD!

No comments:

Post a Comment